Friday 12 April 2013

Poetry for the theorist: Poetry Month April 2013

If your interest in poetry in the workplace is broader than checking out a few poems, then there's an excellent Afterword to a book that is available as a PDF. It covers the history of poetry in the workplace, contains poems to illustrate the descriptive analysis and overall give a well rounded exposition on the topic.

I've not been able to find out the source of the PDF as I found it rather serendipitously. If anyone knows please leave a comment on this blog.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
Love the use of poems to stir inspiration in improving healthcare.
This is the poem I used in my Quality Forum London presentation on the Purple cow approach to antibiotic stewardship. Has so many other applications in healthcare based on what we know we could do something about...

It’s 3:23 in the morning, and I'm awake
because my great-great grandchildren
won’t let me sleep.

My great-great grandchildren
ask me in dreams,

What did you do
while the planet was plundered?

What did you do
when the Earth was unraveling?

Surely you did something when the seasons started failing,
as the mammals, reptiles, birds were all dying?

Did you fill the streets with protest when democracy was stolen?
What did you do
once      you       knew?

Poet and activist : Drew Dellinger